Tuesday, October 14, 2014

How do I apply for Survivor

How do I apply for Survivor?
I am very reluctant to show anyone how to do this because it will decrease my chances of getting on the show. BUT, I will do this for the betterment of the casting in hopes of creating a better show.

First you have to be 18. In some states you have to have to be a little bit older, but that information is on the casting website. Which you can find here.

Once you get to the casting website, it is pretty self-explanatory, but they will ask you tons of different questions, such as:
What is your height? What is your weight? Highest level of education? Are you single? What’s your ethnicity? Etc. There will be drop down menus which you can choose from.

They will also ask you to upload of picture of yourself, I would use a glamour shot. BUT, if you want to stand out, maybe you could use a wacko one where you are cross-eyed. Whatever tickles your fancy.

All of that stuff is pretty easy until you get to the three minute video. One of the hardest parts is how the video is supposed to look. Now get that out of your head. There is no “supposed to” for Survivor. I have researched and read so much about this. The bottom line is BE YOU. Don’t try too hard. Go somewhere comfortable and talk about yourself.

**You also have to do this all in one sitting. So make sure you have your video and picture ready to upload**

It would be helpful to have some editing skills (or find someone who does) to be able to put together multiple shots in your casting video. As interesting as the most interesting man in the world could be, no one wants to watch him talk about himself for three minutes on the same shot. BORING.

You can also go to any open casting calls. I have applied before and I went to Black Hawk Colorado for mine! It was my first time applying, and it was awful!! 18 year old Sherri would NOT (and did not) have made the cut.

So that is how you apply for Survivor! Be sure to do it in the fall or in the spring. That is when the casting directors really look for people (or so I've heard). Stay tuned for my next post tomorrow where I will be filling out the application and posting it! you will be able to see what my application looks like.


Sherri Riggs, Survivor Girl.
My cross eyed glamour shot?? Yup. This might make me stand out ;)