Tuesday, October 14, 2014

What happened last week on Survivor?

What happened on this week Survivor?
I really have no idea. That is why I am asking. Apparently John Rock was blindsided and voted off! I know that because CBS released the “Seven things that will surprise you about John Rock”.
I’m kind of sad that he is gone though. Was he a total jerk? Sure. But, it seemed like he tried hard to undo the stereotype of his old bigoted days. And it seems to show in in these 7 comments:


1.       John would have given Val his idol is she hadn’t lied about having one
a.       Val was going home. She knew the votes were going to be split! At that point, it would have been beneficial for her to tell the truth. I don’t blame Rocker at all.

2.       He felt Coyopa was outmatched athletically by Hunaphu
a.       Look at the tribes. Not only was Coyopa down two players going into Rocker being voted off, there tribe DOES look weeker. That being said, I like Hunaphu much more than I like Coyopa, so I’m too sad to agree.

3.       John considered Josh his closest ally and the strongest member of his tribe
a.       Poor John! Josh was just using him to get further along in the game, and it worked! I’m betting that Josh will be in the top three, and I would be very surprised if we don’t see him on a future season of Survivor.

4.       He thinks he would have been in trouble regardless of what happened during or after the immunity challenge
a.       It’s always a dangerous game being an old time celebrity on Survivor; ESPECIALLY if you try and hide it. If he would have been more open about who he was at the beginning, it might have been good for him! My advice to any celeb on Survivor: just reveal who you really are!!
5.       When he saw the first vote was for him, he knew he was probably going home
a.       Where on earth was his immunity idol?! I mean I know it was a blindside, but he now gets to go down in history as one of the few survivors who got voted off with an idol in his pocket. Rookie mistake.

6.       He’s friends with Jeremy, Val, Natalie and Nadiya and says the “twinnies” are a piece of work and little instigators but they’re fun to hang out with
a.       Rocker definitely reversed his own stereotype coming onto Survivor. I can see them all being friends because they are all similar in their personalities. But I would love to be a fly on the wall if they ever got in a fight. That would be a sight to see!

7.       The hardest Survival aspect of the game was being constantly hungry and not knowing when he would eat again. He lost 19 pounds in 10 days.
a.       If that’s the hardest past, SIGN ME UP. I don’t think there is a girl out there who would mind that type of weight loss.. But really, all joking aside, he was a BIG man! I could see that being a rough part for him. Me, I’m a college student! I’m used to wondering where my next meal is coming from and if I can get it for free!

Now that I sound like every college student EVER.. Thanks for reading my thoughts on John Rocker’s thoughts. I wish he could have stuck around, I don’t mind watching drama unfold. Until next time,
Sherri Riggs, the Survivor Girl